Sunday, July 02, 2006

Fuck bad waitresses

I don't know of many things that are worse than a bad waitress (or waiter, to be gender-correct). And bad waiting can come in many forms, from annoying interruptions to long periods where the food doesn't come out. Tonight's Red Lobster excursion was the worst, due in no small part to our husky waitress blaming our wait time on "you (meaning me) ordered a steak."

But, I have this knowledge to dispense to my fellow Mad Scientists: "Undertipping" is this year's "no tipping." No tipping just doesn't send the same message as, say, tipping $0.50. Undertipping actually goes out of the diner's way to say, "Hey, you suck at this job." Plus, if a waitress doesn't get a certain percentage of her salary in tips, she gets minimum wage pay. So by continuing to tip, you're double-fucking her ... but not "double-penetrating" her, which I think is a completely different thing.

No comments: