Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Quick hits

Greatest work of art ever. Seriously.

Dug the podcast. It is now archived on the Audio page at the SGM Multimedia Empire. Two questions: what's the track that's supposed to get us laid? And did Squirrel Nut Zippers cut Tom Waits a check? 'Cause I think the music to "Hell" was pretty much the same as what's on that podcast.

Speaking of the SGM Multimedia Empire, I was deeply saddened to find that the random image PHP script I use for the backgrounds on that site works far better in IE than it does in Firefox. You can, in Firefox, hit Ctrl+F5 to force a reload and actually see new backgrounds and headers on the reload. I really want to fix that so we can use the random images here.

I didn't get to see Ron's academic hotties because either the video player on Fox Noise doesn't like outside links or they already removed the video.

From a distance, I though Doc Ock's claw was Johnny 5 from Short Circuit's head. Also, even up close the pic from Sin City looks like George C. Scott.

I finally became desensitized to Chris Farley's dead, bloated corpse and the whateverthefuck it is coming out of his mouth/nose. Next up, Tupac's autopsy pic!

1 comment:

Nate said...

The poonanny track is that one after "The Life," by Mystic. At the end of that song, there's a dialogue she has where she says something like, "Do you wanna fuck?" Then it bleeds into a blend of (and I'm very proud of this) the music that plays when the Freddy worm crawls out from under the door and smokes out a huka pipe in "Freddy vs. Jason" (the track's called "Stoner Creature" on the score soundtrack), and the beat is the slo-mo beat from the beginning of Ghostface Killah's "You Know I'm No Good," off his "More Fish" album.

As for Tom Waits & Squirrel Nut Zippers, I don't know, as I've not really listened to enough of the latter.

On one more music tip, did you know there's a zip file for download in my "Hell of a week" post, where I stored the entire "Best of Nightmare on Elm Street" score soundtrack I recently acquired?

I didn't get to see the video of the Fla hotties, either. I thought it might be somehow attached to this nationwide rash of "Martin Luther King Jr. Day" parties that have hit campuses all over the south, where the young fresh college white faces have been dressing up as gangsta rappers, drinking 40s and eating fried chicken & watermelon. It sparked a racial unity march on Clemson's campus yesterday ... the news reporter said, "Campus students and officials are marching for change," to which my AWESOME WIFE responds, "What some people won't do for money." Yep, she bought this marriage another five years with that one.

The comic background was a definite had-to; almost as much of a have-to, but definitely less than this one, was the video games-to-movies one that I might do later. And yes, the George C Scott resemblance is ... really weird.