Wednesday, July 04, 2007

SGM Super 30: Video Game #5


WCW/NWO Revenge


Ah, yeah, this one is the shit. Of all the AKI wrestling games, I still have the warmest spot in my heart for Revenge. I guess it's the pioneering aspect of the game, as it was the game that pulled everything that was good about a grappling engine and made it a comprehensive experience. Plus, having some of the best wrestling names and characters associated with it didn't hurt none either.

I have a belief that a wrestling game is as strong as what they allow you to do with the characters. Ex. Why can't you use the Great Khali in career mode in "Smackdown vs. Raw 2007?" Anyway, a quick review of the champions that I used, last time I played the game? Curt Hennig as the World champion, Psicosis as the US champion, Scott Norton as the TV champion, Ultimo Dragon as the Cruiserweight champion (and he's held that title ever since I firt bought the game), and Raven & Randy Savage as the tag champs. Ah, the good old days.

Bottom line on this game, over the other AKI wrestling game: When I first bought this, I played this from about 6:00 PM to noon the next day. I never played the WWF games for that duration.

No comments: