Tuesday, July 01, 2008

I suck at knowing what's going on in my city.

First, I miss a free concert from Issac Hayes in Prospect Park.

Don't find out until a week later there was a record convention in Midtown that was only a dollar to get into, with over 250 vinyl vendors and Special Guest Host Chuck D.

I passed on tickets to see the Yankees play Boston, to go on a date with a girl that ended up being a weirdo.

Buck calls me on Friday to tell me he's working security at the (free) Lyricist Lounge festival in Prospect Park, with none other than DJ Premier as the house DJ. Again, I didn't know anything about this, and was stuck at my (studio) job.

Stuff like this would make my NYC experience more enjoyable, and provide a cushion towards the obscene rent I pay, the F Train, and the moronic human filth that populates this place.

And today I realize that on Friday...got DAMN if this wouldn't have been a bargain...

LIVE AT THE MUSEUM OF NATURAL HISTORY:

Talib Kweli, Pete Rock and Buckshot. $20 admission includes concert, free admission to the Space Show (which I LOVE), and a return trip to the museum.

There is not a hooker alive that could give you a better deal for $20. And I missed it. Cause I didn't know about it. Cause I don't read TimeOut New York each day to find out what cool stuff there is to do. Cause I never have time. For anything. I should have just been a wrestler. Then I could have at least been pilled-up while pursuing a business that expects you to be a dilligent robot for little to no pay.

No comments: