Friday, January 16, 2009

The B.I.G. movie

I'll admit right up front that this isn't the most appropriate thought in the whole world, but seriously, what's the over-under on at least three people getting shot and killed during a showing of this film?


Buck said...

NEW YORK - Police say four men were stabbed at a New York City nightclub advertising an after-party for the film premiere of "Notorious" about rapper Biggie Smalls.

Police said Saturday a 21-year-old victim stabbed numerous times was in critical condition at Brookdale Hospital. Three others were stable.

The Djumbala club is in the Canarsie section of Brooklyn. Police did not immediately release further information.

While the party had been promoted as the "official" after-party, "Notorious" distributor, Fox Searchlight, said it was not related.

Smalls was born Christopher Wallace and also used the stage name "Notorious B.I.G."

His debut CD, 1994's "Ready to Die," helped re-energize East Coast rap. He was killed in Los Angeles in 1997.

Buck said...

Film about rapper halted in Greensboro
Associated Press
Posted: Sunday, Jan. 18, 2009

A Greensboro theater has suspended showings of a movie about the life and death of rapper Notorious B.I.G. after a shooting.

Police say a 32-year-old man was shot twice in the abdomen during an argument and about 700 people were evacuated Friday night from the Grand 18 at Four Seasons Station.

Greensboro police Lt. James Hinson told The News & Record of Greensboro that the victim underwent surgery at Moses Cone Hospital. The hospital said Saturday the man requested that no information about his condition be given to the media.

Hinson says investigators have found no link between the movie and Friday's shooting.

Buck said...

...I'm not sure if this one counts, but I'll bet at least one of these kids saw the flick over the weekend!

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police are investigating a Brooklyn shooting that left one teenager dead and two others injured early Sunday morning.

Police say officers responding to a report of a person shot discovered three people with gunshot wounds.

A 17-year-old girl, who was shot in the face, was taken to Brooklyn Hospital where she was pronounced dead. The two other teenagers were hospitalized in stable condition.

Police have made no arrests. The investigation is continuing.

Jake Palumbo said...

Somewhat related:

Nate said...

Thank you, American public, for making a believer out of me, yet again.