Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Ah, I hate the rap business...

While posting ads on Craigslist to solicit my beats, this guy hit up the SpaceLAB page. If you're gonna be an artist manager, try to at least manage the English language first...

From: ****
Subject: RECORD LABLE COMPANY

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO WORK WITH A RECORD LABEL COMPANY, WHOM LOOKING FOR UNSIGNED TALENT ARTISTS. I AM WORKING WITH 4 ARTISTS(R&B AND RAP)HAS NICE GOOD UPBEATS SOUNDS FOR 2008! 2 OF ARTISTS' SONGS HAD BEEN PLAY ON SATELLITE RADIO STATION. IF INTERESTED WHAT I HAVE NOW TO OFFER?

REACH ME @ *******@YAHOO.COM I WILL SEND MP3 BY EMAILS...

Guess who I signed to a 31-album deal today??

In other news...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

...drops Feb. 5th. As in for real this time.

3 comments:

Rev. Joshua said...

Congrats on finally getting a release date. This was starting to get up there with "Chinese Democracy" in terms of pushbacks. I take it you got Ollie's PC straightened out.

Ron said...

You better be careful Jake. That guy is liable to ask you for your bank account info so he can hide some money from his long lost cousin, the former Archduke N'Zogbia of Nigeria.

Nate said...

Jing Wu! Jing Wu!

In other news, I'm all over the District Selectman release. I've heard some of it, enough to let me know that I'm definitely buying a copy to put money in Jake's pocket.

Plus, I love the emails you get from prospective Jay Zs who want you to provide them a rub so they can put out their next big ringtone.