Monday, February 18, 2008

Seriously?

I just flipped by Raw and there was Vince McMahon whipping a midget with a belt while Finlay is handcuffed to the ring ropes and JBL fallaway slams the midget into the cage and there wasn't a payoff to an extremely boring five-minute segment that was allegedly "disturbing" according to JR. I feel bad for wrestling fans these days. This is what they have to watch?

And this is coming from someone who watched 70-something-year old Mae Young "give birth" to a rubber hand that had been "left in her vagina" during a "sexual relationship" with "the World's Strongest Man" Mark Henry during an era where five hours of live wrestling on Monday might, if you were lucky, net you 30-minutes of satisfying television. Which was usually a 15-minute cruiserweight match on Nitro and 15-minutes of Steve Austin and Rock promos on Raw, so it's not like everything used to be non-stop awesome. I know old people are always saying "it was so much better in my day blah blah blah" and I don't want to sound like an old people, but I can't imagine watching a midget-whipping segment one day and thinking to myself, "goddamn it, I can't wait until next week."

4 comments:

Nate said...

Oh, it's pretty depressing. I venture around on the Death Valley Driver boards from time to time, and the whole Big Show confrontation with Floyd Mayweather is being touted as the greatest thing that's happened since this decade. Which, actually, might be right, when you think about it.

Oh, and while I'm a fan of it, TNA is by no means any better.

Nate said...

And did you hear that Lindsey fucking Lohan was backstage at Raw? God, I hope they can get her for 'Mania, and they could, for the price of a line of coke from California to whatever bumfuckin' Jerusalem 'Mania is being held at this year.

Rev. Joshua said...

I saw a picture from backstage at Raw with Shane-o Mac, Lohan, Floyd Mayweather, and John Cena. John Cena was wearing his new t-shirt designed to look like the cover of an old first-generation 8-Bit NES game. It's actually pretty bad ass.

I'm shocked that DVDR is all about Big Show/Floyd Mayweather. DVDR is usually pretty snobbish about wrestling both in terms of crappy wrestlers like Show and celebrity crossovers like Mayweather. Maybe I'm misremembering things.

Ron said...

Was Lohan there hyping her new photo shoot?