Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Suze Orman is my light, my inspiration

Especially this one thing she does, "Can I Afford It?"

Pretty much, what the links says is that you call in with a plan to buy something, but you just ain't sure. So you call Suze, give her your financial profile and she'll tell you if you can afford this thing you want ... or not. And she seems to get some special feelings for shouting "Denied!" at hapless callers.

Now, I mention this because of two reasons:

1) If I hear one more person saying that they're younger than me, with savings in the area of $100,000, I'm gonna pull a home invasion in Gatewood out of general principle.

2) I desperately want to call in and ask Suze if I can buy a quartersack of cheebaweed. Just to see if I'll be "Approved!"

1 comment:

Jake Palumbo said...

I fuckin' feel that, Nate Dogg. I'm increasingly losing my patience with people my age (I'm 27) who make absurdly more money than I do complaining of financial woes.

Last year, at my old apartment, I was discussing my lack of health insurance with my upstairs neighbors (cool kids, they were med students from Canada) and they were telling me about all the great insurance programs in New York State that are free or low-cost. Atul was telling me you just had to show proof you don't make much money. "Just take your bank statement down to the office, make sure there's only a few thousand in there."

I can't recall the comedian that said "N***a, I'm a hundred-aire", but...

N***a I'm a hundred-aire!!!!!!!

The next person I see who's yearly salary is in the 5 figures and begins with a "3" or greater, who uses the phrase "I'm broke", I'm punching in the fucking face. Man, woman, child, animal, mineral or vegetable. I do not give a fuck. Your definition of "broke" and mine are two different animals. "Broke" is the pleasant surprise of finding a buck seventy-five in the couch, thus allowing the purchase of a 22 oz. Mickey's. "Broke" is an adult taking cold showers cause the gas is cut off. "Broke" is using your open oven to heat your house. What yall are referring to is "comfortably not rich."

I'm glad you touched on this, and hope to see Suze's analysis of a quarter of endo soon.